Dual Degree Award: Asia Pacific University, Malaysia and Staffordshire University, UK
Upon completion of B.A (Hons) in Accounting & Finance, students are eligible for exemptions in the below Professional Accounting Bodies. Students who articulate from the APU Diploma Programme will be granted exemptions based on the prevalent policy of the relevant professional bodies:
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Specialised knowledge and understanding of money market and the identification of investment alternatives that are available.
- Development of intellectual capability, research skills and creative thinking to examine and analyse the impact of the constantly changing environment on the organization & to respond appropriately.
- Understanding of the conceptual framework underlying disciplines relevant to investment and treasury management, in order to enable students to prepare for a career within that function.
- 2 Principal Passes with a minimum Grade C+ (GP 2.33) at STPM level and with a Credit Pass at SPM including Mathematics and a Pass in English at SPM; or
- 2 Passes with Grade C & Above at ‘A’ Levels and with a Credit Pass at ‘O’ Levels / GCSE including Mathematics and a Pass in English; or
- Pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum grade of Jayyid, and credits in Mathematics and a Pass in English at SPM level;
- The APIIT/APU Foundation or equivalent with CGPA of 2.5 and Credit in Mathematics at SPM/O-Level and a Pass in English ; or
- 5 Grade B's in UEC including Mathematics; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with minimum average of 60%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 60%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
Degree Course Structure:
This level provides a valuable platform of knowledge to the study of accounting in the modern world. Students will be equipped with mathematical, communication skills and be conversant in the technical language and practices of the accounting sector in the market economy. It also provides students with an understanding of the legal, business and social environment in which accounting operates.
Entrepreneurial skills focusing on understanding the principles and concepts of entrepreneurship, generating business ideas, and also in managing small businesses is also introduced in this level.
- Quantitative and Statistical Methods
- Introduction to Management
- Business and Communication Skills
- Financial Accounting 1
- Business Economics
- Islamic Finance
- Financial Accounting 2
- Accounting Information Systems
- Business Law
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship Project
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities
This level exposed students to the fundamental principles of financial regulation relating to the selling of financial instruments and investment products as identified by statute. This includes the Code of Conduct and Market Practices, investor protection, law and regulations; the Malaysian Financial System and Conduct of the Monetary Policy. Time Series and Forecasting which is a prerequisite to the Technical Analysis, one of the most significant tools available for projecting predictable price direction in the financial markets will also be introduced at this level.
The programme also offers the benefit of training in the SAP system, the world-leading enterprise software suite. The students will have the hands-on training with the system in the lab and ensures that they will be thoroughly acquainted with this important software application.
At this level, all students are introduced to the Business Research Methods which exposes them to how to conduct research and write research proposals.
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Introduction to taxation
- Financial Management
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Auditing and Assurance
- Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP System
- Corporate Reporting
- Business Research Methods
- Management Accounting Techniques
- Company Law
- Time Series and Forecasting
- Regulatory Policy for Investment Markets
At APU, we encourage our students to be entrepreneurial and innovative. After the completion of Level 2, students will undertake a short internship/industrial training of a minimum of 12 weeks. This will provide our students opportunities to engage with realworld business problems both in our programmes and in our renowned Professional Training placements.
In level 3, students will learn the practical aspect of forex trading techniques and practices in the forex and money markets. Learning how to use both technical analysis and fundamental analysis is important, but it is the application of a solid forex trading strategy that allows the educated trader to harness the power of the forex market to keep the risk low and rewards high. This area of understanding will be supported by risk
management in forex, money market operations and basic derivatives.
All students at Level 3 will have to undertake an investigation module and a supervised project in their respective discipline. This project will further develop the academic and practical aspects of the student’s chosen area of study and reinforces independent learning skills.
- Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Corporate Finance
- Advanced Taxation
- Strategic Management Accounting
- Business Analysis
- Financial Risk Management
- Portfolio Management
- Trading: Money and Capital Markets
- The Foreign Exchange Trading in Practice
- Investigation in Forex and Investment
- Forex and Investment Project
Note: The specialism will only appear in the academic transcript.
- Financial Analyst
- Investment Advisor
- Financial Planner
- Financial Consultants
- Forex Market Analyst
- Currency Strategist
- Exchange Operations Manager
- Portfolio Manager