Dual Degree Award: Asia Pacific University, Malaysia and Staffordshire University, UK
Upon completion of B.A (Hons) in Accounting & Finance, students are eligible for exemptions in the below Professional Accounting Bodies. Students who articulate from the APU Diploma Programme will be granted exemptions based on the prevalent policy of the relevant professional bodies:
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Knowledge and enhance the understanding to the roles and responsibilities of internal auditor.
- Relevant knowledge and skills to become a professional internal auditor meeting the current and future market demand of talent.
- Development of analytical and problem solving ability that provide students to use the standards and guidelines of the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) in solving the problems related to Internal Audit profession.
- 2 Principal Passes with a minimum Grade C+ (GP 2.33) at STPM level and with a Credit Pass at SPM including Mathematics and a Pass in English at SPM; or
- 2 Passes with Grade C & Above at ‘A’ Levels and with a Credit Pass at ‘O’ Levels / GCSE including Mathematics and a Pass in English; or
- Pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum grade of Jayyid, and credits in Mathematics and a Pass in English at SPM level;
- The APIIT/APU Foundation or equivalent with CGPA of 2.5 and Credit in Mathematics at SPM/O-Level and a Pass in English ; or
- 5 Grade B's in UEC including Mathematics; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with minimum average of 60%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 60%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
Degree Course Structure:
This level provides a detailed underpinning to the study of accounting in the modern IT world. Students will be equipped with mathematical, and communication skills. It also provides students with an understanding of the legal, business and social environment in which accounting operates and be conversant in the technical languages and practices of the accounting sector in market economy.
- Business and Communication Skills
- Business Economics
- Business Law
- Financial Accounting 1
- Financial Accounting 2
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Service Management
- Quantitative Analysis
- Quantitative Skills
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities
This level provides the introduction to practices of Internal Audit and the relationship to auditing in setting characteristics by reliance on information technology. This area of understanding will be supported by the modules Audit and Assurance, Advanced Auditing and Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP System. The students will have the hands-on training with the system in the lab and ensures that they will be thoroughly acquainted with this important software application.
The principles of the key financial statement and how they relate to each other are covered in the module Financial Statement Analysis. Numbers tell a story and internal audit uses trend and ratio analysis to provide data from which to further investigate. At Level 2, all students are introduced to the Business Research Methods which exposes them to how to write research proposals and conduct research.
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Introduction to Taxation
- Financial Management
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Auditing and Assurance
- Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP System
- Corporate Reporting
- Business Research Methods
- Management Accounting Techniques
- Company Law
- Advanced Auditing
- Financial Statement Analysis
At APU, we encourage our students to be entrepreneurial and innovative. After the completion of Level 2, students will undertake a short internship/industrial training of a minimum of 12 weeks. This will provide our students opportunities to engage with realworld business problems both in our programmes and in our renowned Professional Training placements.
This level will provide students with the technical skills and knowledge to undertake a risk –based internal audit according to standards and guidelines of the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF). IT audit concepts and rules for regulatory compliance will also be taught at this level to help the students to become a true management consultant in IT audit field. At the same time, students are also provided with non-technical skills that will enable them to lead and effect change, and communicate and influence effectively at all levels of organization.
All students at Level 3 will have to undertake an investigation module and a supervised project in their respective discipline. This project will further develop the academic and practical aspects of the student’s chosen area of study and reinforces independent learning skills.
- Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Corporate Finance
- Advanced Taxation
- Strategic Management Accounting
- Business Analysis
- Internal Audit
- IT Audit
- Forensic Accounting
- Essential Business Skills for Audit Professionals
- Investigations in Internal Audit
- Internal Audit Project
Note: The specialism will only appear in the academic transcript.
- Risk Manager
- Corporate Governance Executive
- Audit Executive
- Audit Advisors
- Internal Auditor
- Internal Audit Specialist
- Internal Audit Manager
- Chief Audit Executives (CAE)