Dual Degree Award: Asia Pacific University, Malaysia and Staffordshire University, UK
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- The ability to design and develop systems that exploit artificial intelligence techniques such as machine learning, fuzzy logic, natural language processing, etc.
- The ability to critically evaluate design paradigms, languages, algorithms, and techniques used to develop complex software systems.
- The ability to evaluate and respond to opportunities for developing and exploiting new applications of artificial intelligence.
- 2 Principal Passes at STPM level and with 4 Credit Passes at SPM including Mathematics; or
- 2 Passes with at ‘A’ Levels and with a Credit Pass at ‘O’ Levels / GCSE including Mathematics; or
- The APIIT/APU Foundation or equivalent with CGPA of 2.0 and Credit in Mathematics at SPM/O-Level; or
- 5 Grade B's in UEC including Mathematics; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with minimum average of 60%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 60%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
Degree Course Structure:
Level 1 modules in this program that provide a foundation for any IT professional include System Analysis & Design, Fundamentals of Software Development, and Introduction to Programming in an appropriate language. More technical knowledge and skills are developed in Operating Systems & Computer Architecture and Introduction to Networking. Modules such as Introduction to Management, Computing & IT in the Workplace and Professional & Enterprise Development provide a foundation for multi-disciplinary education and understanding personal and organisational development. Important and relevant skills for independent learning are introduced throughout the program.
- Computing & IT in the Workplace
- Introduction to Management
- System Analysis & Design
- Fundamentals of Software Development
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Introduction to Networking
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Introduction to C Programming
- Introduction to Object Oriented Programming
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities
Specific technical skills related to Intelligent Systems are developed at this level. AI Methods and Management Science build on previous and lead to further studies in artificial intelligence techniques. Two modules offer an introduction to the concepts associated with data acquisition that are the key to computer automation: Imaging & Special Effects through computer vision and System Programming and Computer Control through other types of sensors. The emphasis on independent learning continues at this level, and is a particular focus and requirement in Research Methods.
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- System Development Methods
- Professional & Enterprise Development
- Creativity & Innovation
- Research Methods For Computing & Technology
- AI Methods
- Probability & Statistical Modeling
- Management Science
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Data Structures
- Imaging & Special Effects
- System Programming & Computer Control
Internship (12 Weeks)
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship / Industrial Training. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Intelligent Systems.
The focus of Level 3 is further development of relevant technical skills and the ability to apply these skills with strong critical thinking and analysis, particularly in the areas of artificial intelligence and computer vision. Knowledge Discovery & Big Data Analytics and Emergent Technology broaden your perspective to include the frontiers of current technology. Option modules allow you to enhance skills developed in previous study of statistical artificial intelligence techniques, visualisation, processing data from sensor networks, and management. General personal and professional development is enhanced in Project Management, while Innovation Management & New Product Development continues the theme of generating new ideas and creating new products.
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
- Further Artificial Intelligence
- Image Processing, Computer Vision & Pattern Recognition
- Simulation, Visualisation & Virtual Reality
- Ubiquitous Computing
- Distributed Computer Systems
- Games & Decision Theory
- Management Problem Solving
- Knowledge Discovery & Big Data Analytics
- Investigations in Intelligent Systems
- Intelligent Systems Project
Functional roles in designing and developing solutions involving Artificial Intelligence and Decision Support, Knowledge Engineering and Data Mining.